Fred Meyer: HOT Splash into Summer Savings Promo…

Now through June 4th at Fred Meyer, get a $10 OYNO Catalina when you purchase $25 worth of participating products…

Products Include:

• All Schick Products
  • All Gentle Glide and Sport Playtex Tampons
  • All Banana Boat Products
  • All Hawaiian Tropic Products
  • All Playtex Infant Care Prodcuts
  • All Engerizer Batteries and Flashlights*
  • All Wet Ones Products
  • All Skintimate Products
  • Al Edge Products

Here are my two transactions from today…

Transaction #1

Playtex Gentle Glide Tampons, 18 ct, $3.97
Energizer Max AAA, 8 pack, $6.99*
Schick Hydro Shave Gel, $3.49
Schick Hydro 3 Razor, $4.99 x 2
Wet Ones Canister, $2.00

Subtotal: $26.43

-$1.00 off Playtex from Albertsons Summertime Fun Booklet
-FREE Shick Hydro Shave Gel wyb Energizer Batteries Peelie Coupon
-$3.00 off Schick Hydro Razor Printable Coupon x 2 (Facebook)
-$0.75 off Wet Ones Fred Meyer eCoupon

+$2.21 tax
=$16.40, Got back a $10 Catalina

Transaction #2

Schick Hydro Shave Gel, $3.49 x 2
Energizer Max AAA, 8 pack, $6.99* x 2
Banana Boat Sunscreen, $4.50 (found in clearance bin at the back of the store)

Subtotal: $25.46

-FREE Shick Hydro Shave Gel wyb Energizer Batteries Peelie Coupons x2
-$1.00 off Banana Boat from Albertsons Summertime Fun Booklet (according to the Monthly Extra Savings Book, there should have been $2 coupons at Fred Meyer – but all of them were wiped out)
-$10.00 Catalina from first transaction

+$2.04 tax
=$7.51, Got back a $10 Catalina

That’s like spending $13.91 on all of the above – Plus if I had been able to find the specially marked packages of Energizer Batteries, I would have been able to submit for $10 in Paypal Cash* (making my total just $3.91).

For more match-ups for this promo, see Coupon Connections.

*The Energizer batteries are also running a separate Catalina. You get one code printed for each battery or flashlight purchase. When you get 3 codes, you can submit for $10 in Paypal Cash. You’ll need to look for the specially marked packages. If you find these packages – please leave a comment & let us know which stores have them!

38 comments

1. Devon says:

according to the front page ad that starts today (sunday) there will be a $4 off coupon for banana boat sunscreen on the shelves. It will be sale priced at $8.99, if you buy 3 for 26.97, and use 3 $4 coupons you will pay $14.97 AND get a $10 catalina, make it under $5 for 3 bottles of sunscreen. This is how I buy my sunscreen every year! I stock up in May/June and I am good all summer! Sometimes the catalina won’t trigger if you use coupons to go under the $25 total, but it looks like you have disproved that with your totals today, so I am excited to hit the store tomorrow!

• Crystal says:

Yes!!! I rolled that last one onto the 3 bottles today – paid $7.54 (tax is killer here!) and got back my $10 again! LOVE it! 3 bottles from today + 1 bottle from previous transaction will probably last our family through the summer (although I’m thinking maybe one more so we’re ready come next spring, 3 boys + sports = lots of sunscreen!!).

2. DKNI says:

Just got back from Walker Rd. FM and they only have $2 off Banana Boat. Any other Portland-ers finding the $4 shelf coupons?

• Crystal says:

Mine were ONLY on the special Sunscreen display (no where else in the store). It sounds like a lot of people are having a hard time finding them & I’m guessing the stores just got them in (since they are only valid this week – not a full month like those $2 ones). I would try back a little later in the week & see if they put them out (maybe even call ahead & to ask?)

3. Kris says:

Just got back from FM and did this transaction

- 2 Schick Hydro 3 Razor – $6.99 each (sale price)
    - 2 Schich Hydro Shave Gel – $2.99 each (sale price)
    - 1 Energizer 9 volt battery – $3.99
    - 1 Playtex Sport Tampons – $4.59

Total $28.54

I used:
    -2 $3.00 off Hydro Razor from Facebook
    -2 $1.00 off Hydro Shave Gel from Facebook
    -1 $1.00 Playtex Sport Tampons (printable)

Total after coupons was $19.54 and I got my $10 CAT. :)

So $9.54 for all that stuff!

4. Devon says:

I went to my two Fred’s and they didn’t have the $4 off coupons out. I had them look around for them in the back but the manager couldn’t find them. So they told me to take the $2 coupons and have the cashier adjust them at the register. I am a cashier and I knew that if I did that, the cashier would just adjust the price of the bottles down $4 each, which in turn wouldn’t trigger my catalina. So I paid it like regular, got my catalina then went up to the customer service desk and said I forgot and they adjusted my order. The $2 coupon says expires the 24th, hopefully they will have the new ones ready in a few day?

• Crystal says:

That’s what I’m thinking – with this being advertised on the front of their ad, they are going to start getting a ton of complaints & I’ll bet they’ll “find” those coupons real fast!

Smart thinking on that Catalina printing!

5. Kris says:

I plan to do this one later this week

11 Skintimate Shave Gels – $1.99 each
    1 Playtex Tampons – $4.59

$26.48

Use
    1 – $1 off Playtex tampons
    11 – $0.55 off skintimate shave gel
    $10 CAT from previous tranaction

Total – $9.43 plus another $10 CAT!

Total should be $19.43

• Crystal says:

Awesome – great deal for the Shave Gel – I have such a hard time stocking-up on this for under $1. I ordered some of those $0.55 off coupons, I’m hoping they come soon, would make the shave gel just $0.68 each after coupons for 13 bottles (plus get my $10 back!) Love it!

6. Kris says:

Did another transaction

I was able to print more Schick coupons from another computer and a different facebook account. But I was surprised that my FM had the $3 Schick coupons hanging right there on the rack!

- 1 Schick Hydro 3 Razor – $6.99
    - 1 Schick Hydro 4 pack of refills – $6.99
    - 1 Playtex Sport 18 ct Tampon’s – $4.59
    - 2 Schick Hydro Shave Gel – $2.99 each
    - 1 Wet Ones – $2.00

I used
    2- $3.00 off Schick Hydro razor or refills (located on product rack)
    2- $1.00 off Schick Shave Gel (Facebook)
    1- $1.00 off Playtex Sport Tampons (printable – googled it)
    1 – $0.75 off Wet Ones ecoupon.

Total was 16.80 after coupons and got a $10 so only $6.80 for all of it. :)

My CAT didn’t print at the register so I had to go to customer service and they printed it for me. :)

7. Rachel says:

My Fred Meyer (Tualatin) had both the $4 off Banana Boat coupons and the $3 off Schick coupons on a tear pad. I did a total of 5 transactions. Three of my catalinas printed, and 2 didn’t. I just went up to customer service, and they printed them for me. Sweet deals!!!

8. Mel says:

I did this deal at my Fred Meyer (Eugene) and when I used the CAT on the second transaction, it didn’t generate another $10 CAT. The manager called Catalina, and they said if you used a CAT on the purchase, then it won’t print you out one on that same purchase because that would be “double dipping”. Did anyone else run into this? Such a bummer because I would have gotten a 2nd Catalina…

9. Amy says:

I tried this at my St Johns Fred Meyer, and it didn’t work at all. I tried my 1st transaction as the first scenario posted above, except instead of the two razors, I got the sun screen and another wet ones (as some of the prices were different). Total before coupons was 27 something. Then I used my mfr qs. No catalina. I took it to customer service who tried re-ringing it. Still no cat. She told me that the catalinas are generated based on the price AFTER coupons are deducted. Does that sound right to anyone? It doesn’t look like you guys have been having any problems…I returned the order, as I didn’t have the money to perform it twice, without the cat. Any suggestions?

• Crystal says:

Amy, it is *FOR SURE* BEFORE coupons (I’ve done it 4 times now & NEVER once paid $25, but ALWAYS got my Cat).

The only thing I can figure is that one of the items you were trying isn’t coded right. What kind of sunscreen did you get? Was it more of those spray bottles? Or was it lotion?

• Brittany says:

I did my transaction at the St. John’s Freddy’s (with three banana boats @ $8.99 minus 3 $4 off hang tags) and had no issues getting my Catalina.

• Amy says:

@Crystal- that’s what I thought- I could see you guys all having success…and I used the spray- exactly the products in the images above. @Brittany. I guess I’ll try with only sunscreen, but I needed some of those other items so that’s kind of a bummer! I wish there was some way I could take in proof that the cats are supposed to print (before coupons) so that if it doesn’t work, they could find a way to fix the problem in their system. Thanks you guys!

• Amy says:

And just to update…I went up to the FM on Interstate and Lombard, and tried the exact same transaction- it worked perfectly, so Crystal must be right about one of the products not being coded correctly. Yay!

10. Tara says:

I had a horrible experience with this yesterday! I tried to do this transaction my second time while paying with the $10 Catalina. After 1 hr with a grumpy cashier I had no second Catalina and I returned everything. She was was a pic in store had knew nothing of this promotion even though it was printed right in the ad. = dumb so frustrating! O should have received that second Catalina!

11. Cobi says:

Had a lot of fun with this today. Ended up going through 4 times and the Catalina printed each time. Got 5 boxes of Playtex Gentle Glide tampons, 1 thing of Wet One’s, 2 Intuition Razors, 1 4-pack of Quattro razors, 3 cans of Schick Hydro, 1 Schick Hydro 3 razor, 3 cans of Skintimate shaving gel, 2 packs of Energizer batteries (AA -10 per pack), 1 Banana Boat Aloe Vera, and 5 containers of Banana Boat Sunscreen (types varied).

Then I got 2 loaves of bread, 2 boxes of Wheat Thins ($1.99 each), 2 boxes of Ritz Crackerfuls (free from Peelie on Wheat Thins box) and a package of provolone cheese.

All the above for $44.12

Then the cashier told me about the Old Spice/Neutrogena special. So I got 4 packs of 5 razors each type – so 40 razors for FREE!!!! They were just changing the price when I went to the register – so know they will be .99 for the 5 pack.

What a fun morning!!!

12. Brenda says:

Is there a list out with UPCs with what works on this deal? I spent half an hour at customer service, and we couldn’t figure out why a catalina wouldn’t spit out. I bought 2 Hydro shave gels, 2 packs of energizer batteries, 1 Hydro 3 razor and one Wet Ones, my total was around $27, so it was over the $25. I did roll a catalina from a previous deal, but it seems like this is working for others? They eventually just did my sunscreen deal again so a cat would print, but we couldn’t figure out what was wrong. My only thought was maybe the “sensitive” shaving gel UPC wasn’t included??

• Crystal says:

I wish I had a UPC list – I’m sorry!

I understand it is frustrating when it doesn’t print. I would guess something wasn’t coded in the promo, but without a list I couldn’t tell you which item for sure. Sorry :-(

• Brenda says:

Oh, it is no problem! I appreciate all your deals, and this looked like it should have worked, I was just curious. My customer service lady was super nice and patient, I think I will send a note to management saying how helpful she was :) My kids, on the other hand, did get a little bored :)

13. Gonzoid says:

I just have to chime in with my experience today. It was my first adventure to Fred Meyer with a coupon plan. I went to the store this morning and used a couple variations of the above deals for 3 transactions. I was trying to be as courteous as possible, so I took each one out to the car and then came back for the next round. While grabbing razors for my 3rd transaction, I noticed they had “free Edge or Skintimate when you buy a razor” coupons on the shelf. They expired on the 24th, so I asked the lady hanging around the self checkout rather tongue in cheek if they were there for bait. She told me if they were on the shelf, they would be honored. She said to grab what I wanted and she would have someone pull them from the display. I grabbed 3 Quattro for Women disposables, 3 Skintimate gels and the required coupons. I scooted out the door for .47 with another $10 cat in hand!

I’m just thrilled to have come across this site a few days ago. Thanks so much for making it so user friendly, too!